Lucania 2021: 15K Whiteout
Updated: May 24
Yesterday Pascale and Eva were able to navigate part of the last major crux of the descent, accross the south face of Mt. Steele down to about 15,000 ft.
Due to current whiteout conditions the team is in holding-pattern at their current camp at 15K until the weather clears up early tomorrow morning to continue their descent.
The duo is in high spirits despite conditions and are looking forward to pushing their way back closer to base camp soon.
Follow their progress on the SPOT live tracking map
Image of Pascale from recent Winter 2021 climb in Alaska representing similar climbing conditions to current expedition.